Friday, September 10, 2010

Play


[2010]


You don’t make me smile
You don’t make me frown
Instead you spin me
Around and around
What do you want?
What do you need?
Where is this going?
Where will it lead?
My eyes have been begging
For weeks upon weeks
For words to emerge
Emotions to leak
You can’t seem to say
What I need to hear
Perhaps you don’t feel it
And that’s what I fear
I don’t want to ask
I already know
But what you aren’t feeling
Is not what you show
You need and you take
You have your way
You’re physically starving
And I your buffet
Our bodies connect
In continuous bliss
Yet something is missing
Away from that kiss
Actions speak louder
Than words, you say
But I am no athlete
I cannot play
A game with no rules
Or minute expectations
Where nothing amounts
But bursts of sensation
You’re so far above me
I strain to see
Those eyes that are gazing
In lust down at me
The bluest of blues
Deep as the sea
If I drowned in them would
You rescue me?
I don’t know why
Those eyes are on me
Isn’t there somewhere
They’d rather be?
Isn’t there someone
Who better deserves
Those big bulging arms
That tingle my nerves?
Isn’t there someone
More clever, more funny
Someone who’s taller
Perhaps even stunning?
I’ve played along
Though I’m not sure why
Perhaps I convinced myself
I could get by
On doses of touch
And intimate nights
On firey passion
Devil’s delight
But days have amassed
Weeks have transpired
Still your heart and your mouth
Remain uninspired

1 comment: