Saturday, October 8, 2011

Above me [incomplete]


[incomplete, August 15, 2006]

You’re so far above me my neck strains to see
That face of yours constructed in perfect harmony
My arms dare not reach to be in your embrace
My lips dare not try to find yours for a taste
Your perfection gives rise to my stutters and shakes
Your presence…just watching you…all I can take
I’m so undeserving of someone like you
Yet still I dream on, if only you knew
Every moment with you, every minute and hour
I’d graciously go back in time to devour
Just a fan among fans, competing was rough
I still can’t believe I was worthy enough
For the kisses I stole, for the smiles and laughs
For making my heart beat a million times fast
But I take what I can and I took all you spared
Convincing myself there was no way you cared
But a kiss on the forehead, a squeeze on my knee
Made your indifferences so hard to believe
Your hand was all mine and you spoke in my ear
Whispering things that I needed to hear
Now miles apart still I wonder, what if?
An angel could swoop down to give me a lift

1 comment:

  1. To the level on which you will always reside
    And give ease to the follies that trouble my mind
    For without you I'm broken and somehow unwhole
    Regardless of the heartache that to me you sold
    I'd give up most anything to again have you near
    But I know that can't happen, so so long my dear
    I wish you the best wherever you may be
    As I look back on the days when you reigned above me

    ReplyDelete