Saturday, October 1, 2011

Big Talker


[2006]

Hey big talker, shut your mouth
I’ve figured what you’re all about
Your lips form words I like to hear
Professing promises loud and clear
Oh, like a roll how you buttered me up
Talking your talk, strutting your stuff
Those words kept on pouring; they hardly relented
Babbling blubberings, you simply pretended
To mean what you said, oh such veracity!
To believe in such bullshit, nay, the fool is me.
Your eyes gave no hint of your lips’ misconceptions
In fact, they seemed to enjoy the deception
Winking and twinkling with gazes sincere
My eyes had no choice but with yours to adhere
Those eyes and those lips worked together, you see
Conspiring ways of deceiving me
So you gazed, and you talked
And you talked, and you gazed
Lost in that look, I was listening, dazed
But you must have blinked, for I unlocked my eyes
And discerned in your words all the horrible lies
Now blind to your eyesight, deaf to your voice
The darkness and silence, I’ll always rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment