Sunday, October 2, 2011

Memories of You


[2005]
Memories of You

Well I, I wasn't expecting this pain
Emotions embarrassed; completely ashamed
As the words "I love you" escaped from your lips
I remembered the taste of your undying kiss
But those words that you said, those special three
For the very first time, they weren't to me
And now, I don't know what I am to do
I can't seem to stop me from thinking of you
I've been here without you, been doing just fine
I thought I was fine that you’re no longer mine
But as tears gently flow from my sleepless eyes
I finally start to realize
Too little, too late, it's always the case
And never again will I feel your embrace
I'll always remember the looks that we shared
I'll never forget us- "the perfect pair"
Just one last kiss, that's all that I ask
I'll put on a smile- my happy mask
Please-one more kiss-I promise you, dear
That after that kiss, I'll disappear
But always I'll know that when our lips united
The world stopped revolving, and sparks were ignited
I'll gracefully bow myself out of your way
I'll sprout myself wings and fly far away
However the pictures I cannot destroy
A fairy tale formed of a girl and a boy
A girl and a boy, who so long ago
Were barely completing the greeting "hello"
Awkward and shy they held hands in the halls
Wrote notes to each other and waited for calls
Many years later, their hands still connected
A lifetime of memories they had collected
Moments created cannot be replaced
With each passing moment they're fading away
I wish I could bottle up moments with you
Or feelings we shared, so vibrant and new
On days when I feel like I just can't go on
I'd tip back that bottle until it's all gone
Drunk off your kiss I would much rather be
High on your love for the world to see
But now my lamenting will come to an end
And my achy breaky heart- I need to mend


2/2/05

1 comment:

  1. :( I hope you're doing better now than when this was written.

    ReplyDelete