Saturday, October 1, 2011

Infected


[2006]
Infected
Our eyes were connected
My heart unprotected
And somehow I knew
I would end up infected
For once I surrendered
I let myself go
And now you are gone
And I’ve nothing to show
I had up my bubble
It guarded me, too
It helped to protect me
From people like you
You knocked on my bubble
At first I was strong
I knew that inside it
Was where I belonged
I knew of the love
Some people depict
I knew of the pain
They really inflict
But you took offense
To my hesitation
You wanted my trust
And my admiration
You were good, I admit
You seemed so sincere
You told me the things
I wanted to hear
The way that your hand
Always held onto mine
Sent millions of shivers
Along my spine
You fed me your bullshit
In one giant cup
And boy, was I thirsty
I drank it all up
The way that you looked at me
Melted my bubble
I never suspected
That you would be trouble
Now fully exposed
I had no protection
And slowly you started
To shoot your injection
Just like a virus
You spread and you spread
All of your nonsense
Went straight to my head
It took me a while
To see you were flawed
That you were a phony
A fake and a fraud
When soon I discerned
Your intentions so cruel
I knew you had won
And I made a fool
So up went my bubble
Now stronger than ever
And virus protection
I’ll use forever.


1 comment:

  1. I used to be able to write like this. I can't seem to do it anymore. I've had emotions like this that I've been wanting to express like this, but for some reason I can't. This is so true though. Most of the time I feel love and all that crap just isn't worth it, because it all ends in pain. But then on nights like tonight, as I sit alone in a dark room, with nothing but my thoughts for companions, I think it would sure be nice to have someone else there. But no one can seem to melt my bubble.

    ReplyDelete