Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lost


[2006: summer semester at University of Virginia, Charlottesville]

Blind to ambition, deaf for pursuit
Senseless in direction, can’t seem to move
Twirling my hair still I feel like a child
Yet burst from my shell I’m uncontrolled, wild
Suitcases empty, my things all in place
I’ve left them all wondering, gone with no trace
These books stacked before me remain still unread
I can’t squeeze more bullshit into my head
Staring at me from the walls of my room
Are people in pictures, their presence, it looms
The smiles, the dresses, the caps and the gowns
Kodak’s reality never has frowns
I’m running, I’m running, away from it all
Hoping and praying that I might not fall
“Desperation” she cries, as she falls to her knees
By now she is begging him, begging him please
She puts on more make-up, hoping to mask
Innocence, mirrors, she knows it won’t last
So she switches the light and absorbing her sheets
Escapes to a world where she need not compete
There are no imperfections and smiles so fake
From her fantasy land she would rather not wake

No comments:

Post a Comment